Embrace. Engage. Empower.
At the Collings Teen Center, this is the progression we strive for with every young person who walks through our doors. It’s actually not that complicated. Everything we do must feed one of these three steps. It becomes the bridge that connects a teen’s current circumstances to his or her future potential.
- After-school drop-in for any West Sacramento student in 6th-12th grade. CTC invited in more than 300 teenagers in 2013-2014.
- Free Late Lunch on the House, every day. During the 2013-2014 school year, the CTC served more than 3,000 free lunches.
- Billiard, Ping Pong and Basketball Tournaments
- Technology access
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Special events, trips, and camps
- Weekly Campus Life Club at Westmore Oaks
- Weekly City Life Club at the teen center
- Community Service opportunities. CTC staff oversaw more than 500 hours of community service projects during the 2013-2014 school year.
- Point Break workshops and on-campus follow-up
- Teen Parenting mentoring/classes
The Collings Teen Center is a key support for foster and group homes, as well as single-parent households that need a safe destination for their teens after school while the parents are at work.